Thursday, December 2, 2010

The beginning

Since I think that just may have worked...let’s get started!
Where do I being? 
Okay, to catch you up to speed, in our fifth season of competitive skating, Brent and I realized we had had our fill.  Fill of competitive ice dancing I should say.  I wanted to perform, he wanted to see the world, and we wanted to keep skating together.  So when  we were offered the opportunity to perform in a professional skating show that would tour throughout Europe, it seemed like a good fit.  Oh yeah, and we would get paid.  That helped.
And having “blogged” (ugh, I hate that word) before at skating competitions, I know that although typing out these experiences is a pain in the ass, it is a record of something I will surely forget.  Not because these experiences are not memorable, but because I will get old.  Therefore forgetting.
So I told myself I would “blog” (ugh) about this new adventure.  And more so I told other people I would.  And two months after arriving in Europe, guilt has gotten the best of me.
I have a friend--true story!-- who finds the word “sequin” very funny.  He thinks it sounds more like a form of measurement than something used to make a skating costume sparkle.  He has decided that a sequin is “an SI unit (system international)” and the equation is as follows:
 10^6 sequins = 1 megasequin
 10^-6 sequins  = 1 microsequin
 *a sequin is one unit of fabulousness
And thus we have MegaSequin, the blog! (ugh)

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see your record of things “blog” (ugh), it's a great idea! Also, when you "get old" you will still remember somethings. (LOL) Sadly you are right, you won't remember everthing until you see or read something that recall the event.

    ReplyDelete