Sunday, February 26, 2012


In the “How to Blog” online writing class I took this past summer, I learned that blogs should have an angle, they should be specific.  Like “I am a single parent in New York City and here are my struggles,” or “I am a motorcycle enthusiast traveling the United States and here are my tales.”
I feel like I started with this intention; last year I was an “I am a fresh-off-competition ice skater touring with a professional skating show through Europe and here are my silly adventures.”
But now, round two, I realize, I ain’t got no angle!  
I can’t figure out if my main goal here is playing travel writer or working out some psychoanalytical stuff.
And truth be told, they are both kind of fun.
Because I didn’t fall head over heels for this dealio last year, I waver between working through my feelings about this experience and just turning my attention towards the traveling aspect of the job.
You may have noticed.
And I am not sure that will change.  It was just an observation.  And a good set up for the following...
As far as the travel aspect goes, I will say that Dresden is place to see.  And this can be backed-up by a recent National Geographic article: http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/best-trips-2012/

It is a beautiful town, as you can see....


With funky areas, like Kunsthof Passage...


And the most beautiful dairy store in the world (I had to take a picture of the bag, because photos are not allowed inside)


On a gorgeous sunny day, the city looks even better....

When you want to know the time, you can check out this bad boy...


And if you never want to be reminded of the time, there is plenty of nightlife too....
                
And for the what-is-going-on-in-my-brain portion of this, I am proud to say that I am feeling optimistic.  Even giddy.
We head to Berlin next and will be there for three weeks.  Then there are just two more cities after that, which strikes me as crazy.  Crazy because it means the following:
Three more openings.
Three more times having to figure out where the #$@% to enter the building.
Three more times setting up our dressing room tables.
Three more times trying to find coffee stand.
Three more ice surface sizes to get used to.
Three more times packing up our dressing room spots, crates, costumes, etc.
And that sounds really manageable.  And it also sounds like it means this:
Three more places to not cry in.
Three more environments to carry out a “no bullsh*t” policy.
Three more venues to try to not worry about what others think.
And three more places to practice handstands!

No comments:

Post a Comment