Sunday, March 25, 2012

What I've Been Up To

I think this is what the kids call an "epic fail."  I have completely failed at writing once a week.  And just towards the end of tour!  Grrrrrrr....

But conveniently and simultaneously, I am trying not to care about things too much.  I told Brent that I was going to incorporate that expression "oopsies" into my vocabulary more.

So, oopsies!

And also in my lame defense, I have been giving this travel thing hell.

First, between Dresden and Berlin, I took a side trip to Prague with Michael and Brent.

Where I was happy that I don't eat meat....
And thankful for the invention of the watch......


And grateful for the beautiful blue sky that made for the perfect backdrop....


Then we spent three weeks in Berlin.

Highlights include:

Renting bikes with Charlene, Kathrin, and company....

Riding to the East Side Gallery....

Which is a remaining stretch of the Berlin wall and has about 106 paintings from artists all over the world.  Some of my favorites were this.....
And this.....
Some were beautifully powerful....
Some were incredibly inspiring....

And some were inspiring for second year roommates (notice my face)....
Going inside the Berliner Dom....
And on top of it....
Visiting the Tacheles.....
And observing how these little German kids played....
Then we cruised on over to Oslo, Norway.  On a ship....
And took in the wide open space....

As well as the city of Oslo....



And the waves of the sea (that made us keep low to the ground)


Now we are in Kiel, a maritime center of Germany.

The sun is out, the seagulls are too, and today we have just one show, which is the best number of shows to have besides zero.

And after today, there are....drum roll....7 shows to go!

I guess time does fly when you're, I'll admit it, having fun ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment