Saturday, March 31, 2012

LAST DAY OF TOUR!


You guys, the time has come!  TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF TOUR!
Crazy, huh?
There is a giddiness and sadness amongst the cast and crew.  And although I have been honest about my struggles throughout this experience, I know I will get sentimental when the music begins for the very last show.
I will say, “This is the last time I will ever put this purple flower in my hair.”
“This is the last time I will look at Andre on this step.”
“This is the last time I will smile at Michael right here (our NEW goodie!)”
“This is the last time I will do the running-man in this snake outfit.”
And when I do this enough, it opens up the door for all sorts of sentimental feelings.  In fact, some may be more than sentimental; some may be just plain irrational.  I might actually say, “Boy I sure do hope I get to do the running-man again in a snake outfit because, if not, I think I am really going to miss it!”  That is how sentimental I can get.
It reminds me a lot of my last day of high school.  I found myself surprised by my sentimentality when this day came.  I didn’t enjoy high school much nor was around much for it (Back story:  I went to high school for two years, then moved to Texas to skate with an ice-dance partner.  When that partnership ended, I moved back home and went to school for the last half of my senior year) Yet on the last day, there I was getting teary-eyed, wondering if I would ever see my teachers or classmates again.  
Funny enough, I did get a good does of reality too, that last day of school.  In my sentimental state, I gave some boy, who I think I thought was a close friend, my yearbook to sign.
He wrote, “Have fun in Texas.”
Hmmm.  Apparently we hadn’t caught up since I moved back home from Texas (hence the being at school and all.)
Point is, sometimes my sentimental ways keeps me from seeing things clearly.
So, here is my clear-thinking going into the closing of this tour:
Yes, there comes some sadness in the ending of a chapter.  But what is pretty cool is to realize that you even created a chapter in the first place...good, bad, or something in between.
Because I think that is what makes for a great life story-- one that has lots of different chapters.
And I am excited about whatever chapter is next.  
Let’s get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment